Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Week 37

Baby Shower with some of my fave girls :)
A few things I'm looking forward to doing once this baby makes his debut:

1. Sprawling out on my stomach or back again. Mike surprised me with a surprise pregnancy massage at Renaissance Day Spa a couple of weeks ago, and I got to lay on a bed with a special tummy-accommodating pillow (essentially, it's just a pillow with a hole in the middle to alleviate pressure on your belly). The combination of the massage and lying on my stomach was AMAZING. I could have laid there all day. I wish they made rafts like that for the pool. Lying flat on my back for an extended period of time is off limits, too (it puts pressure on the major vein/artery carrying blood and oxygen to and from the baby), so rafts are pretty much useless right now.

2. Running/sprinting outside. Now that my belly is so big, Braxton-Hicks contractions have started to kick in, I'm not supposed to let my heart rate exceed 140bpm, and the weather has been unbearably hot, I'm pretty much limited to walking on the treadmill at a leisurely pace and spending lots of time on my butt. I'm so ready to just be active, to break out into a sprint if I feel like it, to jump or play volleyball or (try to) surf. I'm ready to act youthful again!

3. Drinking a beer. A Blue Moon with an orange wedge sounds absolutely WONDERFUL.

4. Drinking coffee. I miss my Java Chip frappuccinos from Starbucks. Although they do make them in decaf, I prefer the caffeine buzz that comes along with the real ones. And, even though they say it's safe to have a cup or two of caffeine a day, I've tried to eliminate it completely since caffeine does have an effect on the baby.

5. Eating sushi. It's perfectly light and cool for the summer.

5. Wearing normal clothes. Maternity fashion isn't the most stylish, and I try to buy on the cheap since it only gets wear for such a short stint of time.

6. Sleeping for an extended period of time. Unfortunately, I know this definitely won't happen until months after the baby is born.

7. Being emotionally stable. I watched "Knocked Up" last night and suddenly broke into tears as Katherine Heigl was giving birth to her baby.

8. Having a waist and ankles again. Let's just face it; a large midsection and cankles are only cute for a very limited amount of time.

9. Holding, kissing, loving, and playing with my baby! I'm so ready to see him and get to know him and watch him learn.

10. Seeing Mike as a daddy. He'll be such a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment